How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Why Choose Invisalign?
Who wouldn’t love to have a straighter, more beautiful without it being obvious you are receiving orthodontic treatment? Invisalign has “clear” advantages over traditional braces. Here are some of the biggest advantages:
- Discreet Treatment: The biggest advantage of the Invisalign system is that it utilizes clear plastic aligners that are less visible than traditional braces. This allows your life to continue on normally and will provide more confidence with your smile throughout the duration of your treatment.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Invisalign aligners are removable making brushing and flossing simpler, essentially the same as without treatment. Traditional braces require special floss threaders and more vigilant oral hygiene efforts to keep teeth clean and free of decay causing plaque.
- More Comfortable: Most people report Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces. While you’ll feel some initial discomfort, the treatment feels much less uncomfortable than the regular tightening of metal wires and brackets.
- Fewer Office Visits: While you’ll switch to a new aligner every two weeks, that doesn’t mean you’ll need to come into the office that often. With some planning, you can receive several sets of aligner trays at a time.
- Eating Freedom: With Invisalign, you’ll take out your aligner while eating or drinking anything besides water. This gives you freedom in food choices without worrying about damaging any orthodontic appliances.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Each treatment is different, and in order to know how much Invisalign costs, we must first look at the patient and decide if Invisalign is even an option. Patients who require major tooth movements or complicated crown treatment may not qualify for Invisalign. During the complimentary first visit, we will take pictures and x-rays of your teeth and inform you about the cost and duration of your treatment. The average cost of braces is $5000, and Invisalign tends to cost a little more. However, there are several factors that can lower the cost. For instance, children and teens tend to require less treatment if their jaws are still growing. Also, treatment for adults that need only minor corrections will cost much less.
The expert team at The Smile Specialists is committed to providing those around Pottstown with high-quality, affordable orthopedic treatment. To help patients save money, we offer a complimentary first-time visit to thoroughly quote the cost of each individual treatment. Dr. McSurdy and Dr. Pavlow are both active members of the American Dental Association, and they regularly participate in local and annual seminars. Dr. McSurdy holds a US patent for press-on incremental expanders. Since 2003, he has helped hundreds of patients who need palatal expansion.
Braces vs. Invisalign
Invisalign are clear trays that correct your teeth without the use of wires and brackets. Every two weeks, we provide patients with new trays. Invisalign costs a little more than traditional braces, but they may be the better option for patients who only need minimal treatment or those who frequently participate in contact sports. Read below for the pros and cons of braces and Invisalign.
Braces: Pros and Cons
- Better option for more complex issues
- No removal for sports or eating
- No chance of losing aligner
- Normal brushing and flossing; no cleaning special appliance
- Mild pain and discomfort of gums and lips
- Food restrictions: candy, popcorn, hard foods, sticky foods
- Special mouth guards needed for sporting events
Invisalign: Pros and Cons
- Virtually invisible
- Removable for food variety
- Less discomfort
- Improved oral health
- Fewer office visits
- Slightly more expensive
- Because aligners are removed before eating, brushing and flossing is required before replacing to avoid discoloration of teeth
- Must remove to eat or drink
It is very common for people to think that teeth straightening treatments are strictly aesthetic. While these treatments definitely improve smiles, they also do a lot to improve your oral health. There are many oral health issues associated with crooked teeth so it is often best to get treatment to fix these issues. Braces and Invisalign treatments are incredibly popular methods.
The Smile Specialists is an orthodontist based out of Philadelphia. Our team is focused on providing care to the greater Philadelphia area and that includes Bally. Bally residents can take advantage of the staff and equipment we have available. Our facilities are perfect for braces and Invisalign treatments. Learn more about our services and the benefits of straight teeth.
Get Treatment From Your Local Team
For years, The Smile Specialists have served residents throughout Pennsylvania. We believe in providing effective and affordable oral treatment. For a free quote, and to receive a free examination, call us today!
It can be difficult living with crooked teeth. Our smiles can make or break our confidence, so it can be very important for many to get treatment to straighten their smile. While teeth straightening is aesthetically important, it is also important for oral health. If you live in Pottstown, you can take advantage of the best orthodontists in the greater Philadelphia area.
The Smile Specialists provides orthodontic treatment to residents throughout the greater Philadelphia area. If you live in Pottstown, you can get treatment for crooked teeth. Our facilities are staffed and equipped with everything to provide the most progressive orthodontic treatments. Learn more about braces and Invisalign for teeth straightening treatment.
Improve Your Oral Health With Braces
Braces can address many different types of oral health concerns. Crooked teeth can cause many problems that extend beyond aesthetic concerns. Braces are used to treat malocclusions, underbites, overbites, deep bites, cross bites, and crooked teeth. Straight teeth also help you avoid issues such as tooth decay.
The reason it is important to get orthodontic treatment is because these issues can provide everyday problems. Misaligned bites can put a lot of pressure on your mouth and cause severe jaw pains. Bacteria also has an easy time hiding on your teeth and gums. With braces, your teeth are straightened to help you cure these issues.
Straighten Your Smile Using Invisalign
Many of our patients come in with concerns about braces. We take the time to evaluate their situation and determine if alternative methods are good options for your situation. Invisalign is a great discreet method to achieve straight teeth. You can achieve a straight smile without anybody noticing.
One of the best benefits of Invisalign is the convenience. It is a less invasive method than braces because you can remove them when needed. They are also much more comfortable than braces. Though they are removable, it is still recommended you wear them for the majority of the day to achieve the best results.
Best Orthodontist In Pottstown
Pottstown residents looking to improve their smile and oral health can visit The Smile Specialists today! Our office is fully equipped to provide braces and Invisalign treatment. If you want to schedule a visit, you can contact us here or give us a call at 610.489.6032!