- Sticky candy (caramel, sugar bubble gum, laffy taffy, etc)
- Beef jerky / slim Jims
- Raw vegetables such as carrots should be broken into tiny bite size pieces
- Hard pizza crust
- Hard pretzels
- Hard rolls (bagels should be broken down into tiny pieces)
- Ribs & Wings (meat should be taken off the bone with either a fork or your fingers)
- Doritos, tacos, hard chips (ok in small amounts but broken down into tiny pieces)
Eating the above foods or any like foods will break and loosen both wires and brackets. Broken appliances result in longer treatment time! REMEMBER that we give extra points to patients for not having anything loose or broken when they come in for their regular scheduled appointments.
If you have any questions about a particular food, feel free to call the office or ask us a question on our Facebook page. We also have no-no food magnets available for your refrigerator.