How To Clean Invisalign
One of the biggest advantages to Invisalign® treatment is that they can be removed before eating or drinking anything. But before they go back in, they need to be cleaned properly to prevent discoloration and buildup of bacteria. Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® are available from Dr. McSurdy’s office, your local orthodontist for Collegeville and Gibertsville.
How To Clean Invisalign®
To keep your teeth and your Invisalign® clean try following this list of Do’s and Don’ts:
- Aligners should be rinsed under lukewarm water each time they are taken out to prevent bacteria and plaque buildup.
- After eating and or drinking (anything other than water) brush your teeth and your aligners.
- Floss every day
- Use a soft toothbrush with a small amount of toothpaste to clean your aligners. Some have found that using toothpaste can scratch the aligners because it is abrasive. If you do not want to use toothpaste, try using antibacterial soap and a spare toothbrush to clean your aligners.
- Eat or drink anything (but water) while wearing your Invisalign®.
- Soak your aligners in anything for extended periods of time. This could cause the plastic to become stained or distorted.
Visit Dr. McSurdy’s office – Your Local Invisalign® Orthodontist
We are your local Invisalign® orthodontist. We have two locations to conveniently service you. Feel free to stop in or give us a call at the following two locations:
430 Park Ave #200
Collegeville, PA 19426
P (610) 489-6032
1831 Swamp Pike #200
Gilbertsville, PA 19525
P (484) 945-0336