Get Thee to the Kitchen!
Today is your lucky day because I am going to let you all in on my secret family recipe for Jewish Apple Cake. This fruit filled-filled cake is bound to be a big hit at your next part or event! I have had many requests for this recipe over the years with many a satisfied customers.
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Beat together:
- 4 eggs
- ½ Cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Cup salad oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Cups sugar
- Pare and slice very thin 4 large Granny Smith apples.
- Grease and flour (very well) a Bundt pan.
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture
- approx 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
7. Put ⅓ batter in pan. Lay in ½ the apples and sprinkle with ½ of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Repeat. Top with the last ⅓ of the batter.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes
9. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully invert Bundt pan to allow cake to come out.
Happy eating! Dr. Sarah S. Pavlow