One day as I was browsing Pinterest, I came along a post that said you could clean your grimy shower head with vinegar, and it would come out looking like new! I thought that I had nothing to lose and I gave it a try. I was AMAZED at how clean and shiny my shower head was, it honestly looked brand new. After trying that experiment, I went on to find things that I could use vinegar for. Here is a list of my experiments so far….
- Shower Head – Tie a bagger of white distilled vinegar around your shower head and leave it sit over night. Remove the bad and rinse with water.
- Retainers – Calcium build up on retainers can be soaked in ½ vinegar and ½ water for about 20 minutes. After soaking scrub with toothbrush.
- Windows – 2 cups of water, ¼ cup white distilled vinegar, and up to ½ teaspoon liquid soap. Mix in a spray bottle. (The first couple of times you should add the liquid soap because it has to remove all of the grime from your other window cleaner. After a few times you should not have to add soap at all).
- Hard Water Stains – Pour vinegar on a cloth and allow sitting on your kitchen faucet for at least 30 minutes. Use rag to wipe clean after 30 minutes.
- Soften a Paintbrush – Soak paintbrush in hot vinegar, then was with warm sudsy water.
These are only five out of hundreds of cleaning tricks that you can use with vinegar. Let me know if there are some vinegar tricks that you tried and WORKED!!